first_imgOilfield services provider Wood has been appointed to deliver brownfield modifications services to Equinor’s Martin Linge offshore installation on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS).Martin Linge; Source: EquinorAwarded under an existing framework agreed in 2016, Wood is the main contractor for maintenance, repair, and modifications on the recently installed platform, the oilfield services company said on Wednesday. Wood’s team based in Stavanger will deliver the project.Equinor installed four modules for the Martin Linge field platform located in the North Sea in July 2018 and moved on to the hookup & completion phases.The Martin Linge field development concept includes an integrated wellhead, production, and accommodation platform with a jacket, in addition to an oil storage vessel. The field is scheduled to come on stream in 2020, and the gas will flow through a new pipeline connecting to the field via existing infrastructure to St Fergus in Scotland.Equinor is the majority shareholder of Martin Linge with a 70% interest and Petoro is the only partner with the remaining 30% interest in the project.Lars Fredrik Bakke, Wood’s senior vice president in Norway, commented: “We look forward to working on the Martin Linge development – one of the most advanced installations on the NCS which will be powered and operated remotely from an onshore control center.“Our continued success in delivering milestone projects on the NCS highlights Wood’s decades of experience working offshore on a range of facilities and our ability to draw upon our global pool of technical experts in engineering and modifications.”Earlier this year, Wood was awarded two new contracts from Equinor to deliver brownfield modifications to the Grane offshore facility and FEED for modifications to the Kollsnes gas processing plant in Øygarden, west of Bergen.Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email. Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product, or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.last_img

Published by admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *