“This is not a fight against press freedom, an institution I deeply respect and uphold. For years, I have personally suffered from Rappler’s false accusations against me, which false accusations have no place in a responsible and free press,” Keng said in a statement Monday. Keng filed the cyber libel complaint in 2017, five years after Rappler originally published an article that cited an “intelligence report” linking him to criminal activities. “This is my bid to protect my name, and my sacrifice for my children and our future generations, who deserve nothing less than freedom in the form of absolute truth,” furthered. Reports initially said the National Bureau of Investigation would not pursue a case against the journalists, but the bureau ended up filing the complaint before prosecutors, who eventually indicted Ressa, Santos, and Rappler Inc. last year. (With GMA News/PN) MANILA – Wilfredo Keng, the businessman who initiated a cyber libel complaint against Rappler chief Maria Ressa and former researcher Reynaldo Santos Jr., said he was “vindicated” by their conviction. “I have been vindicated; at least, to the extent possible considering that the damage had already been done,” the complainant added.